Stanleys

Stanleys

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Big Changes for Jake

Jake is potty trained!!
He started taking interest back around Christmas time when we had tons of family over. He kept talking about the potty and wanted to go but we had way too much going on and I wasn't ready! I did Vince at 27 months and felt like it was too young because the whole process took almost a year to get everything down! I didnt want to go down that road and was planning on waiting til he was closer to 3. Well he kept on being persistent and then I was afraid I'd lose that magical window of opportunity and gave it a go. We bought big boy underwear, pulled out some candy and brought out the potty seat. He did really well and got it within a week or so!! I was so impressed!!
I guess every child is different and doing it when they're ready makes a HUGE difference.




We probably read that book literally 50 times but it would help :)



Jakes other big transition was moving from the crib to a big boy bed. Jake started climbing out of his crib so we sadly had to remove the side so he wouldnt hurt himself. I was afraid he'd roll out so I put some couch cushions next to the bed and covered it with blankets but he surprisingly never did! He still stays in for naps. Bedtime is a little more tricky with him coming out sometimes, but we're consistent in putting him back and he's pretty much got the hang of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment