Stanleys

Stanleys

Friday, May 9, 2014

Summer is Here!!

Summer is definitely here in Georgia. It was in the 90s this whole week!! We bought a pool for Vince which has been one of the best purchases thus far :) It's been fun, we're outside everyday enjoying the heat and sunshine. I am a little nervous for when summer really gets here being pregnant and all, but there's not much I can do, so bring it on! :) I love our backyard, it's so fun with the pool, basketball court, we have trees for shade, a good grass area and our garden!! We're so blessed!

We go through 2-3 outfits a day with getting wet and all. I would let him just go in his diaper but I don't want him to get burned, like I said it's been pretty hot. He is getting tan though, I put on sunscreen whenever we go out but he already has tan lines from his sandals! So cute!


He LOVES basketball and basketball hoops. When we go on our walks in the mornings he tells me all of the basketball hoops we go by. He calls them "bat" and really emphasizes the "t." So cute!!

Here's our garden. We planted it 2 weeks ago and this is after a week. We were shocked with how fast things popped up. We have 12 tomato plants (we love tomatoes), green beans, carrots, onions, radishes, cucumbers, squash, green peppers, banana peppers, and cantaloupe!! We are so excited! So it doesn't look that pretty because the soil here has lots of clay and sand but we used potting soil where the plants are and it's working!!



Ryan made a nice fence to keep out the animals

Vince loves water and the hose. He also loves to drink from it and gets soaked, haha!







We had one of Vince's friends over and it was so cute seeing both of them as diaper men!








Besides pooling it up in the backyard we've been strawberry picking. We went twice in the past couple weeks and got tons of berries! The first time I had Vince in his stroller and he was fussing to get out. So I let him out and he starts devouring all the strawberries in site, so I put him back in the stroller and now he's really mad because he knows how good they are and wants more! Needless to say we picked pretty fast to finish up. At the end I got him back out and had him close letting him pick the berries and put them in the bucket (I was pretty much guiding his hand to the bucket or he would've ate them all) But who can blame him they were delicious!!!
These pictures are from the second time we went and this farm was more kid friendly and didn't really care if the kids ate some berries. I brought some diversions this time (grapes) and then let him eat some and help me pick. He did REALLY GOOD!! I was actually pleasantly surprised how much of a big helper he was being! I made a batch of jam and froze the rest. It's such a fun thing to do and love that Vince can help now :)




3 comments:

  1. Wish it would be in the 90's over here!!! Love that garden and the nice setup you guys made for it (fence, sprinkler). Vince is so cute in that video and is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay!!! First of all, you are the cutest mommy in the entire world!!!! AWEE!!!!!! I love all the videos because I get to see you in action being a mommy. Love it. Plus, your tummy is super adorable! When do you find out what you are having?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vince and all his teeth! He looks so dang cute! That pool is going to be so much fun for him! I love the movie of him talking. I'll have to show that one to Ella. She's still LOVES the one of him saying 'Wow'. I love your yard...and clearly I'm jealous, but that's what you get for living in the city :) Your garden looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete