Stanleys

Stanleys

Monday, October 12, 2015

Do the Puyallup

Growing up we would always go to the Puyallup Fair. It's for 3 weeks starting in September and one of the top 10 biggest fairs in the USA. About 3 million visitors per year!! The first week of school, every kid would get a free ticket and parents would pull kids out of school all the time to go. We even got to one year during school! My parents are such rebels ;)
I've been telling Ryan about this fair for years and now that we live here we actually got to go. We actually went twice! Once on the opening weekend when my dad was here and another Ryan and I went for a date night. It was so fun!!


The fair has some amazing things to see. Especially the artwork and these wood carvings. This bear was incredible.


Of coarse there's tons of good food.


I'm sorry but that's just nasty. And no, we did not partake of the insaneness


These pulled pork sandwiches were heaven

Lots of animals to see. The boys loved them. I talked to one of the sheep owners for like 20 minutes all about her animals. We might be getting some sheep, if we can get the Enumclaw house we're looking to buy :)



Ok, the boys faces say it all. The cow behind them is named Oliver. Hes a Brown Swiss and weighs over 2,800 lbs!!!!
HOLY COW!! (literally)

They couldn't believe it either :)





I am so bad at taking pictures sometimes and thankfully my grandpa caught this one. My dad was in town visiting for a week and the only picture I got was up above, of the back of his head when he  was ordering food!
I love this picture of grandpa Craig and Vince! It was really fun to see my dad and for him to have got to see Vince and Jake and spend some time together. It's hard being so far away but, we were glad with the time we spent together.
We got to drive over to eastern Washington and see Kittitas where dad had lived for a few years in his childhood, went to the fair, hung out with my brothers a lot, showed him around here and just spent time together. It was great.








2 comments:

  1. So glad your dad got to come visit! Sounds like you guys did enough to keep busy! Cute pic of him and Vince!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that so fun that your dad was there! I miss the Puyallup!

    ReplyDelete