Stanleys

Stanleys

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Wisconsin Family Reunion- Day 1- Rexburg

This past July we went on, let's say a life changing road trip, out to Wisconsin. Ryan is one of 9 and 7 of the siblings and his parents were able to meet up and have a family reunion. We had a great time and made a lot of good and not so good memories. (I'll further explain in a later post).

We love road trips and knew we wanted to make the most out of this one by driving our new van out and making a lot of fun stops along the way! It was over 4300 miles round trip and we went through 12 different states!!

We packed our new van to the max and headed out bright eyed and bushy tailed Friday, July 8th.




We decided to go up 410 over through Mt Rainier and into Yakima to switch it up and had to get out and stop in the snow!


It was a long 14 hours to get to Rexburg with all the stops we had to make but we made it into Rigby around 9pm and set up camp. It was funny camping in Rigby since we lived in Rexburg for so long and never thought we'd camp only 10 min away.


This picture brings back some good memories that my good friends Tami and Megan would only understand!


The next day we packed up and drove 10 more min to Rexburg. It was still morning so we reminisced driving around. Ryan and I have SO MANY good memories of being in Rexburg. I absolutely loved every minute of my college days at BYU-Idaho and then after meeting Ryan and then getting married and moving back we got to be there 2 more years. Rexburg will always have a special place in our hearts! I hope our boys will go there when they go off to college!


We tried to stop and see Josh, Ryans old boss who he worked for when he was a mechanic. But unfortunately he wasnt there. Ryan learned a lot working for Steve and Josh. I remember riding my bike out to see him a lot when I got off working as a nurse doing home health! 


We met up with my cousin Makenzie who's going to school there and she showed us around campus. Things have changed and I couldnt believe all the new high rise apartments around!! It reminded me a lot of Provo but there's so many students there now they need the space. It was kind of sad, they had torn down the dorm I roomed in with my best friends our first semester.



We of coarse had to stop up at the Rexburg Temple! It's so beautiful and Ryan and I were so blessed to be able to go to the temple so much while we were there. It truly is a beacon on the hill for all to see. I'm so grateful for temples and that our family is sealed for time and all eternity!!







After touring around it was close to lunch and we stopped at Broulims and then over to the BEST MEXICAN RESTAURANT EVER!!


This place is truly amazing! It's a hold in the wall Mexican Restaurant but Ryan and my, hands down, favorite. Carne Asada burrito with a large horchata. 
So Good!
That was actually also our first official date too, so lots of good memories there.




1 comment: