Stanleys

Stanleys

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Swimming Lessons

I signed Vince up for his first ever swimming lesson in the end of March. I was excited to tell him and thought he would be too but I was wrong. There were tears and I think it was mostly fear of the unknown. He's 4 and I really felt it was time to start getting him used to the water. He didn't even like getting his hair rinsed in the bathtub and I knew it was time. 
I knew the first day would be rough, and it was. He wouldnt even go in the water but he sat on the side and listened to the teacher. The next lesson he got in the water and made big improvements. He went twice a week for 4 weeks, making a total of 8 lessons and by the end he was a new man!! If I could've given Vince an award it would've been most improved. He went from refusing to get into the pool to doing his back float and front strokes, with the teacher, putting his face in the water and even jumped in the water a few times!!! (not his favorite but he did it)
It was so neat to see him learning and being so brave and conquering his fears! I couldnt be more proud. We've going to practice lots this summer and probably sign him up for more lessons in the fall.




After his last lesson, we got to celebrate and get donuts!!


No comments:

Post a Comment