Stanleys

Stanleys

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wood Block Project

I have seen these wood block letters around but heard they were a little pricey and decided to make my own! Here's what you'll need:
wood
mod podge
scrapbook paper
scissors
jigsaw
drill
sexy husband to help you out!

We got cheap wood from the clearance/warped wood section in the back of Lowes or Home Depot and Ryan cut the letters out for me with our jigsaw. I had printed off some letters to trace so it was easier to cut the wood. Now you don't need a sexy husband to cut the wood for you, but he's better at using the jigsaw than me! ;) Next I traced the wood onto the scrapbook paper and cut that out. Put down a layer of Mod Podge, put down the paper then another layer and let it dry. Finally Ryan drilled some halfway holes in the back so we could hang them on the wall and you're done! It's really not that hard and turned out just as I had hoped!







We obviously don't have the mattress yet, it's a work in progress ;)

3 comments: