Stanleys

Stanleys

Sunday, February 9, 2014

DIY Crib Rail Protecter

The other day I go into Vince's room to get him from his nap and I notice all these white flecks on his face and clothes. Then I look at his crib and realize he's been biting on the crib rail and chipping off the paint!! Thank goodness there's not toxic paint on his crib, but still, I didn't want him swallowing that stuff and want to preserve the crib for babies to come. I had seen plastic rails you can buy, but they can be a bit pricey and I wanted something now. So we found this great tutorial online for a homemade one here. Vince helped me and it took literally 10 minutes! :)
 
Evidence of the biting

You need fabric as long as the rail and 10 inches wide.

Then you lay it over the rail and cut strips between the bars and tie in a knot. Tuck the extras up in the rail cover and done! Easy peasy!




Elmo's always ready to play

Vince absolutely LOVES Elmo



Trying to rescue Elmo

He needed a little help from mom to free him

It was time for nap and Elmo is his sleeping buddy



3 comments: