Stanleys

Stanleys

Thursday, April 14, 2016

I Finally Picked a Color I Like

I finally found a color for my kitchen and dining room that I LOVE!! 
I originally started with my mandarins, which did not turn out how I had imagined. The blog I found them on looked way cuter than it turned out in my kitchen.
I was leery about it the first night it was done but, I thought I would give it a week or so to get used to it and see if it could grow on me..... It didn't take long to realize it wasn't a good fit. I had friends come over and they would come into the kitchen and say, "Oh wow, did the previous owners do the oranges?" Then I'd smiled and kind of embarrassingly say, "No, I actually did that. I saw a blog and it looked different than how it turned out." haha Then they would hurriedly say, "Oh it's so cheerful and bright! You need that here in Washington." haha I could tell they were embarrassed and were trying to cover their tracks. I wasn't offended and it made me laugh, but I knew I needed to change it sooner than later.


A couple weeks later my mom and I decided to repaint it. I felt like I knew the exact color that I wanted. At our last house in Georgia, our kitchen had white cupboards and we painted it gray and I LOVED it. So, of coarse, I thought I could do the same color and it would turn out perfect.
Wrong.
I actually had to guess what shade of gray it was (and if you didn't know there's about 5000 different shades of gray). Well I either guessed wrong or it just did not work with my kitchen. It reminded me of what the inside of a prison might look like, and I didn't want that to be what I spent a majority of my time in.



Thankfully, my mom is amazing with colors and suggested I use her light key lime green that she had painted it her kitchen and I went with it. I LOVE my kitchen and dining room!! 
The color is bright, but not neon, cheerful and so pretty!! I seriously get happy when I look at it! :)








2 comments: