Stanleys

Stanleys

Friday, August 17, 2012

Prenatal Fitness Fix

Erin O'Brien's Prenatal Fitness Fix

I have always loved to exercise and have been a big runner for most of my life but since about week 12 of pregnancy I have stopped running and have been trying other exercises. Running was good but about 12 weeks I would sometimes get these stretching pains or discomforts and get scared and walk, so I decided it was time for something new. When we were at BYU-I they had the free gym and I would do elliptical or bike or something but since we got to Georgia the gym's here are expensive! I've been trying to do vigorous walking everyday but wanted to switch it up and get a different work-out. So I went to the library and rented a couple DVD's for pregnancy exercise and found this little number. Wow, it was awesome!! It was pretty tough and got me sweating good, now I don't know if it's because I haven't done an aerobic video in a while, the heat in Georgia or what but it was great. I'm definitely going to look into getting this on ebay and some other videos. The nice thing is you can do it at home, cheap, convenient and she's pregnant too so I'm not worrying if I'm pushing myself too hard and doing what's good for my baby and I!

2 comments:

  1. how long are the videos? i didn't even think about renting for the library. good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was 40 minutes, but I got a couple more. You should totally check out the library, there was tons of options, even if they weren't all pregnancy. What do you do to exercise? Have you had to change your routine yet?

      Delete