Stanleys

Stanleys

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cabbage Patch Stew

                           Hearty Cabbage Patch Stew Recipe
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/hearty-cabbage-patch-stew

Cabbage Patch Stew
I'm really not good at taking pictures of food and I know my picture would not give it justice. So I found this from taste of home but the recipe is mine, well actually my grandmas :)

I'm a soup person, I love soup and making soups. I have like 6 different soups I'll rotate making and always open for more, but this is my favorite. I love it because it's healthy, hearty and tastes amazing!! It's super easy to make and makes a ton so we always have left overs. I made this for dinner tonight and really felt like I should share it with everyone.

Ingredients
1 large onion
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups water
2 cans kidney beans
2 tbsp sugar
2 cans tomatoes
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Brown onion and ground beef
2. Add the rest of ingredients and simmer for 30 min

That's it! Super easy and super good!!

Side note: I usually add more cabbage, like 4 cups and therefore more water and more spices to taste just so it lasts longer, but the original recipe it great. That's what I love about soups, you can add and change things and it's usually no big deal. :)







1 comment: