Stanleys

Stanleys

Sunday, August 24, 2014

It's too hot here!

Vince is such a smart boy! He loves to read and talks all the time. I don't know how's he's compared to other children but he's a reader. He likes when we read together and is now starting to do it on his own and it's so cute!!






This weekend  and past week was HOT!! I mean upper 90s and 100s and HUMID! That's what kills me down here is the humidity. Oh and probably being almost 9 months pregnant! We decided to go down to Tybee Island near Savannah,GA to go to the beach before summer was over and I was too pregnant. It was literally 100 degrees if not a little hotter at the beach but we figured we could stay in the water the whole time. Well for whatever reason there was a ton of jellyfish in the water and it was a risk of getting stung. I honestly did not care I was so boiling that I ran in a dunked myself and was fine. I tried going back again 10 min later and wasn't so lucky. I got stung on the ankle! It's like a bad bee sting and hurts for 30 min leaving some welts then goes away but I didn't feel like getting stung again and we definitely did't want Vince to get stung. So we hung out right on the shore and Vince had a ball! Before he'd been timid about the ocean but he was all for it this time, running all around and talking with all the people near him! haha We'd play in the shore then go to our umbrella, sit down and drink then go back to the shore. We tried pouring water on ourselves but you can only do it for so long. We stayed for a few hours but Vince and I were done. It was just TOO HOT! I've never been more grateful for air conditioning in my life! :)





Vince had also been working on his shot :)




2 comments:

  1. How crazy that you got stung by a jellyfish; sounds painful! Hopefully Georgia will cool down for you so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. And Vince's basketball shot is impressive! What a cute kid. He's growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twinners! I just got stung by a jelly fish too on our trip! Glad you guys are finding ways to keep cool! Love all the pictures of vince! Can't believe there are going to be 4 of you so soon!

    ReplyDelete