Stanleys

Stanleys

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Jacob Ryan

Welcome to the family Jake!
Jacob Ryan Stanley was born September 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM in Augusta, Georgia.
7lbs 4oz 20 inches
A little about his arrival. The day before I had a doctor appt and had been having more cramping and frequent and more painful braxton hicks contractions. The doctor checked me and said I was a 3-4 cm dilated and 80% effaced! That was a big change from the week before and she thought I would have him in the next couple days!! I was stoked! Vince and I played outside a lot that day and went on a few walks. All day I was still having braxton hicks and getting more painful. I woke up around 2:00 AM feeling now definitely contractions that were uncomfortable. I started timing them and they were about 5 min apart!! Holy cow, I was thinking, is this really happening now!? I waited an hour and wanted to make sure this was for real because I didnt want to go to the hospital, literally, in the middle of the night, and be sent back home because I really wasn't in labor. So after an hour they were still there and continuing to get more painful. I woke up Ryan and we got ready to go. My friend Melissa offered to watch Vince, so we woke him up and dropped him off at her house and made our way to the hospital. Got there around 4:30 and I was admitted at 4 cm dilated. I thought I'd be more but at least I was admitted. Now I was trying for a VBAC and you can't be induced at all, so I had to be in labor on my own and not have it stop. My doctor also wanted me to get an epidural in case things went south and they had to do an emergency C-section. Well like I said I couldnt have my labor stop and I was nervous to get the epidural at first because Ive heard they can slow things down. So I labored a few more hours and they were getting closer and stronger. They checked me and I was 6-7 cm dilated!! We were so excited and surprised how fast I was progressing and got the epidural. Man, they are amazing :) After a few more hours I was feeling pressure, they checked me again and I was a 9! They broke my water had me push a few times and he seemed to be not exactly face down or in the best position. So they had me lie on my side for about 20 minutes then checked again and he was ready. I pushed for about 20 minutes and he arrived!!! 
It was incredible!!! They were able to give him to me right away, even before they weighed him for skin to skin. It was night and day compared to Vince's birth. We are so blessed and so many prayers were answered. We're so grateful to our Heavenly Father for our healthy boy and know he came straight from His presence. Being a mother is the most incredible gift and to be able to raise one of God's children truly is a miracle.







I had been prepping Vince for months on being a big brother and the arrival of Jake. We let him hold him in the hospital and he enjoyed it for about 30 seconds then was done. He's warming up to him more being at home and will talk to him and even gave him a kiss today. :) But he still does his own thing and doesn't seem to notice much changes.






Ryan's been home this weekend, obviously, but spending tons of time with Vince and Vince loves it. He was having lots of fun with his friend Elmo in their seats next to eachother :)







I love this face!!

7 comments:

  1. He is so cute!! I'm so glad that it all worked out for the vbac, and I agree that epidurals are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, glad he is here! So cute!!! Vince holding baby Jacob are my favorite pictures! He's going to be such a great big brother! You look so great and I'm glad you were able to have him naturally. Skin to skin time right after is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! You will have so much fun watching these two little boys grow up together! Enjoy that little newborn... There is nothing better! You looked beautiful after giving birth! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I'm so glad everything went so well! Two cute, cute boys you guys have! I still think Jake looks exactly like a Jake, so good name pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another handsome boy! Congratulations Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness Jake is so precious and Vince looks so cute and grown up! I'm so happy it all went so well, cant wait to come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this! Yes, they gave Will to me right after too and it made a big difference than having to wait. It is weird how much a few minutes changes.
    Your kids are so adorable! We need to come visit and see Jake! (I love that name, btw!) How are you recovering/adjusting?

    ReplyDelete