Stanleys

Stanleys

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Taking in a Shirt

I found this really cute shirt, the other day but it was just a little too big. So I decided to try to take it in. I really like to sew but I'm not the best, I'm trying to get better. Sites like dana-made-it.com are really inspiring! It was actually easier than I thought and turned out just like I wanted! I was so excited!
Too big!
So I just took in sections from the back and sewed them up
The 2 big ridges in the middle are the ones I made, and the shirt already came with the little ones on the outside and that's how I got the idea to take it in. This is all on the inside and you can't see them when you're wearing the shirt. You could cut them off if you wanted, but I just left mine. I actually had to take it in in 2 more spots and it was the perfect size!

4 comments:

  1. look at you Pagina! So crafty! and I like your furniture! Can't believe you didn't bring the back/purple/blue speckle couch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it was tempting, but don't worry it will be waiting for us when we get back to Rexburg! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute and well done! I've been wanting to do that with one of jordans old dress shirts but I'm afraid to! Maybe I should send it down to you!

    ReplyDelete