Stanleys

Stanleys

Friday, June 19, 2015

Rainier to Ruston

Rainier to Ruston
50 miles
10 hours
86 degrees with the sun beating on you!
Megan, Tara, Holly and I competed in the Rainier to Ruston 50 mile relay and it was AWESOME!! I love running and doing big races and competitions. I've done 2 half marathons in Rexburg and would love to do a marathon one day, we'll see :)
This one was so fun because we each ran about 13 miles but it would alternate and you were on a team. So I ran the 4th, 8th and last leg which were from 3.5 to over 5 miles each.
Holly started us off at 7:00 AM and it was cold! By the time I finished the 4th leg around 11, it was hot and only got hotter as the day went on. The beginning was cool because it was through the forest, some parts really off road, getting muddy and all sorts but the more towards to finish the less shade and more city. Making it hotter and hotter!! Seriously, I would dump water on my head before I ran, carry a water bottle to drink and dump on myself to prevent heat exhaustion. haha
The last leg was cool because it had a lot of shade and I ran along the Puget Sound and into the park at 4:53 PM!
It was a crazy, hot, fun experience!

Excited to start the race!!

Mount Rainier at the starting line

Bigfoot!!

Holly finishing the first leg

My grandpa and grandma came to cheer us on at the end of my first run in South Prairie. This is everyone waiting for me to finish the 4th leg.

After my run in South Prairie


Haha, I meant to take pictures along the whole way, but the legs would get shorter and shorter and you would have to hurry and drive to the next leg, then start getting ready to run. So it didnt happen. But Ryan was at the finish and got some pictures of me coming in





2 comments: