Stanleys

Stanleys

Friday, June 19, 2015

Sad Day for Strawberries

Growing up we went strawberry picking every year to make freezer jam. We would go to Harvolds in Carnation and then over to Remlingers for ice cream after. It was fun and we'd go with my grandma, aunts and cousins along with my mom and brothers.
I went picking in Georgia the past 2 years and now since we moved back to Washington I was excited to go with family back to Carnation.


Jake wasn't quite sure of picking


It was a sad day for strawberries. We are good, fast pickers and would usually get 2 full boxes but this is all we got this year!! It was like 2 lbs haha It's just been so hot, with very little rain that the berries didn't grow well. Nevertheless we picked and had fun. It was my grandma, mom, Vince, Jake and I. We picked, got ice cream, talked, laughed and went back to Issaquah and saw my grandma's old house, which was so fun.


This was SO COOL! So I was walking past the paying stand and I saw this sign someone wrote. It happened to be my brother and cousin who wrote this 10 years ago!! haha It was so fun to see it I had to take a picture


Then I found one my mom wrote! So cute :)


No comments:

Post a Comment