Stanleys

Stanleys

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Easter

I love Easter. The true meaning of the holiday is a lot of time overlooked, unfortunately.  We celebrate the most important event that ever happened in all of history. When our Savior, Jesus Christ performed the atonement, suffered and died on the cross and miraculously rose the third day. He was resurrected and lives, so we can do the same!!
I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and that He provided a way to have joy and that this life is not the end.


Here's the boys with their Easter baskets




Easter breakfast, George wanted to join us


This was the best picture I could get of them in their "Easter best" at church :)

They both got kites in their Easter baskets so we took them out for a sail. It was perfect kite flying weather. Vince got a Spiderman one and Jake got Nemo



Vince was having fun holding his kite so I thought Jake would do the same but I forgot an 18 month old isn't going to hang onto the kite string when mom lets go.
It flew straight into the tree and got stuck. 
Whoops!





Too cool.
 Actually it was super bright and Vince had tears from trying to look up at his kite, so I let him wear my sunglasses.
Pure dedication.

Nemo stuck up in the tree. 
Luckily Ryan was able to cut a few strings and he eventually came down!


We went to my aunt Megan's house for dinner and the annual Easter egg hunt. My uncle Kurt hides over 400 eggs. Some have candy, but some have money, and there was over $200 out there! It's really fun and very motivating :)









2 comments:

  1. Cute picture of you and Ryan at the end!
    Looks like a fun easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been catching up on all of your posts! Love the picture at the end :)

    ReplyDelete