Stanleys

Stanleys

Friday, February 10, 2017

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love December! It's such a wonderful month celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ! Our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) made this 25 Days of Christ Advent Calendar that was awesome! Everyday it had a different small act of service you could do to be more like Christ and it helped you to remember the true meaning of Christmas. It was great!
We did lots of fun things!

Here's a picture from our playgroup. We did gingerbread houses at Angies and it was awesome as you can see on the kids faces.

I love this picture because it's just a normal morning. Boys in the jammies playing with their "things." Jake has a toy hammer, empty toilet paper tube and piece of rope and Vince has his pliers, hammer, Elmo spoon (which he pretends to be a knife), old fan remote and something else that I can't make out! haha They are so creative and love playing together and having fun. Oh and of coarse they have Elmo and George :)



My birthday was December 2nd and I turned 29!!! This is the age everyone wants to stay at, right?! I really can't believe I'm in the last year of my 20s!!!! It's been a great ride thus far and I can't wait for all the years to come with my best friend Ryan and my boys!!

We went out to Icon Grill for dessert to get the BEST ICE CREAM HOT FUDGE SUNDAE EVER!! As you can see in the picture, it was heavenly. Then we went and walked around Seattle. 
It was great!




We got snow!! Haha Washington is hit or miss with getting snow in the lowlands. Mt Rainier holds the record for most snowfall in the USA. So when we get any snow we're out there playing!!



This was crazy. Vince, Jake, my mom and I were having a snack at the kitchen table when we look up and there's a coyote in our backyard. He was about 15 feet from our house!! By the time I got the camera and snapped the picture he was leaving. It was weird though because I dont know where he came from and have never seen one near our house.


We went and saw Santa at a local farmers market. The boys were still a little apprehensive about him but had fun.


Ryan and the boys went to see the "reindeer." It was a calf with fake antlers on haha

Ryan and I went to a fun favorite things Christmas party and came home with some nerf guns. We've had a lot of fun with them.


For the past few years we've made Christmas cookies and delivered them to family and friends. This year was the most we've ever done with over 300!! It was all day and some of baking but fun to do. The best part is definitely delivering them and seeing their smiling faces!! Who doesnt love Christmas cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment