Stanleys

Stanleys

Monday, February 6, 2017

November

It's hard to remember all the details of the past months since I got behind on my blog but there is one event that I specifically remember. 
Ryan had to go to Canada for work for week and we had been having a mouse issue a few weeks prior. I had first noticed some little holes in the fruit out on the counter and figured it was fruit flies. Then a few days later there was this big hole eaten out of one of the bananas and knew we had a mouse problem!!
So right away we set up traps, laid out those block poisons and did everything to get rid of the little beast. The next morning we noticed blood on the ground and looked on the glue trap, and there was part of his tail stuck on it!!! He must've gotten stuck and chewed part of his tail off to get away!! So we did more traps and mouse poison and figured we got him because we didn't see anymore signs of him for a while...
So back to Ryan leaving a few weeks later. He left on a Monday and was going to get back Friday night. I go to bed Wednesday night around 10 and wake up around midnight hearing this rustling in my room. Like rustling loud enough where I thought Vince had come into my room and was trying to get into bed with me. So I turn on the light and no one is in there. I check on the boys and they're both asleep. I thought I had heard Jake call out my name and then thought maybe I dreamed it all because I was sleeping pretty good. But before I turned my light back off I noticed a fiber one bar lying on the floor by the closet. I thought that was weird because we don't eat snacks in our room, and couldn't remember if that had been there when I went to bed. After about a minute of not being able to remember I turned off the light and went back into bed.
5 minutes later
I hear rustling sound again and rip off my covers and turn on the light. Nothing...except the fiber one bar was now in the hall!!!!!
Aghhhhhhhh!
I immediately knew it had to be the mouse and as i got closer I saw a little hole in the corner where he was trying to get in! So now it's about 12:30 at night and Im excited and freaking out at the same time. Ryans not here to set the trap and frankly I don't even know how to set up the mouse trap. He's always done it before but I knew if I didnt set the trap that dumb mouse would run all over the house and probably crawl on our faces and I couldn't handle that. So I grabbed one of the traps that was behind the stove and set it out in the hall with a little fiber one bar to bait him. Like I said I didnt really know how to set the trap so I was messing with it for a couple minutes and of coarse set it off and caught my finger! That hurt like a mother and left a nice fat bruise on my knuckle.
So I set the trap, turned off the lights and got back in bed. By this time sleep had completely fled my eyes and I couldnt fall asleep for about an hour. Just as I was starting to drift off I hear
SNAP!!
I ripped off the covers again but now was super excited but super scared because I wanted to kill the pest but I didnt want to see it!!! I mustered up the courage and peeked my head around the corner into the hall and I caught him!!!! Ewww it was so gross seeing his squirming body caught in the trap. He was really trying to get out and I DID NOT want him to get away so I ran and grabbed my mop bucket and put it on top of him til he stopped moving. Then I was like, now what. I honestly considered leaving him til morning because I didnt want to deal with it but then the thought of a dead mouse in my hall til morning and Vince possibly touching it grossed me out and I knew I had to finish the job. So I found some disposable gloves, took the whole contraption outside dropped him in the garbage and left it all outside. Then Lysoled the heck out of my mop bucket and the carpet where he was.
Of coarse I couldnt fall asleep for another hour but I didnt care!
I killed the mouse!!
Ryan was shocked and proud of me and I couldnt quite believe it myself but we haven't had any issues since!!

Haha so beside the mouse fiasco here's some other fun things we did in November.



This is our second year doing our thankful tree and we really like it. It's fun putting something we're thankful for everyday and really fun to see at the end of the month.

We had a really warm day in November and it got so warm the boys wanted their shirts off. They were so cute!

I got a perm!! I wanted to do something different with my hair. I have fine hair so there's not much body to it and it's pretty straight. Its been really fun being able to have it curly, wavy and more volume.


The boys were so handsome and this was the best picture I could get. Always on the go!

The boys love playing "tools" We all get our own toolbox with tools and go around to different rooms fixing things. I love their imaginations!

This was from our playgroup. I had them make turkey hats which turned out really cute on the kids. It's been awesome having a playgroup for the kids and doing different things and hanging out with friends.


Vince and Jake love their daddy!

Here's the end result!! We missed some days but we have so much to be grateful for and have been truly blessed by our Heavenly Father.

I love sewing and crafts and I wanted to make this turkey for a decoration. I used a bunch of scraps I had and really liked how it turned out. It got finished the day after Thanksgiving, haha. I'm excited to hang it up next year!

1 comment:

  1. Your mouse story! EWW! You are so brave! That turkey is "sew" cute! (get it)

    ReplyDelete