Stanleys

Stanleys

Saturday, February 4, 2017

It's Spooky to be Hungry

I love October. It starts out with General Conference then dives right into Halloween and everything pumpkin!!
 I love pumpkin anything, except ironically pumpkin pie. Weird, I know. Some of my favs are pumpkin oatmeal, punpkin waffles, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, my friend made pumpkin curry and is was delish!! The possibilities are endless. I usually will buy the big 30oz cans of pumpkin that come in a 3 pack from Costco because they are about $2/can which is really good. I was at Costco probably in Nov and they had a 3 pack on sale for like $2!! I went a little crazy and bought 4 of them! Haha so I had 12 huge cans of pumpkin but I will eat pumpkin all year round!

Anyways... I have to explain the title of my post. When Ryan worked for John Deere during October they did a food drive which is awesome. The theme was: It's spooky to be hungry. We both thought it was funny and it became an inside joke so whenever there's a food drive or October we'll say that.

Haha ok back to the post after my 2 tangents. October is so much fun because it's the start of the holiday season, you get the fun fall weather, the beauty of the leaves and lots of fun activities, especially for the kids.

We go to my grandpa and bestemor's house for dinner close to twice a month which we love. They have a neighbor that LOVES to decorate for the holidays, She puts of thousands of lights for Christmas and lots of fun ones for Halloween. She always has this big yellow blow up spider and the boys like it but are kinda scared of it at the same time. Vince isn't so much this year but Jake was cautious. It's so cute!

Lots of playing outside while the weather was still pretty good. 


We went on a fun date to a local haunted house with some friends.


This is our second year of going to Thomasson Farm. It's a local pumpkin patch with a tractor ride, corn box, animals and fun outside toys. The corn box is the favorite, Ryan and I were even playing in it too!









After going to the Pumpkin Patch we made carmel apples!


The boys got to dress up like 5 times for Halloween and multiple times around the house. They actually did again today and its February! The costumes are special because they are the same costumes that Ryan and his siblings wore when they were little! They were the cutest clown and lion.








No comments:

Post a Comment